Saturday, November 15, 2008

Countdown to the Apocalypse: 3 Days Remaining

I sat in my chair hoping for the best. Thing hasn't been going my way ever since the news on the coming apocalypse. 3 days. As the deadline comes ever so closer, excitement overwhelms. I want it to come, yet part of me wants it to just stay; never approaching. But alas, times moves forward.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Waking up with a hangover wasn't exactly on my mind. It was raining. A relief since the past few days were scorching hot. The rain washed away the stagnant smell of death. Something to lighten up my mood. I didn't notice it was way past noon until I check my communicator for sent messages. There was a few. The first couple of 'em were just plain spam. People will do anything for entertainment these days. Cheap thrills I'd call them. However, the final few did open my eyes. Quite a number of people would like to join forces. To combat whatever that's been happening in the last few days, and maybe for the days to come.

They'd already formed an underground resistance. Only thing missing were the knowledge of those monstrosities roaming the streets after sundown. Apparently, I was one of the few how have the data. Actually, almost everyone back at Lab 6A have the same data. It's just that after yesterday's ordeal, my database became more like an archive. Nobody else knows of this except my ex-partner. Someone who I felt leaked this to the Underground.

Nevertheless, I was keen to know them. Any extra hand for the coming apocalypse would surely be helpful. Very, very helpful. I returned the message to contact me on my secure line via my workstation. They did. They decided on a meeting place. It was at a construction site just down the street from my place. Kind of a weird and suspicious area to hold a meeting but I couldn't care less. The appointed time was 5pm. I got there at 4, just to scout around a little bit.

I was approached by a familiar guy at the designated time. He kinda looked like an old friend of mine. He shook his head, saying that he didn't know me nor did he knew the name I mentioned. He said that he was a representative of the Underground. He assured me that he wasn't armed. Neither was I. I asked him to come over to my place to check out the data. He agreed.

I relayed my current database to the Underground. I was smart enough to keep the other info I'd attained the day before hidden. Until I can fully trust these guys, I ain't risking such valuable data to them. The guy eventually left and I got another message from the Underground. They were grateful that I was willing to share what I'd learned with them. However, they can only arrange a meeting inside their HQ in 3 days time. That's when the apocalypse will happen.

By the time the clock strikes midnight, it will be 2 days to the Apocalypse. With just 2 days to go, I feel that thing will get pretty interesting around here...

No comments: