Thursday, November 6, 2008

Countdown to the Apocalypse: 12 Days Remaining

I sat in my chair hoping for the best. Thing hasn't been going my way ever since the news on the coming apocalypse. 12 days. As the deadline comes ever so closer, excitement overwhelms. I want it to come, yet part of me wants it to just stay; never approaching. But alas, times moves forward.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Once again I woke up to the scorching noon sun. Dull and hot. Not to my liking. Just before I could lay my head back down, my communicator started buzzing. "Damn, duty calls..." I muttered and made my way out of my room. HQ was back to it's gloomy and quiet self. Lab 6A however, was filled with new unfamiliar faces. "Ah crap, fucking new recruits," I sighed as I headed to my designated workstation. Them retards think they know a whole load of crap but in reality, only their ego are as big as that big mouth of theirs. It's what an old friend would call all talk, no action, and what I would call bullshitting retards with seriously no respect.

The day progresses slowly. Furthermore, them new recruits ain't helping brighten up my already stressful week. I overheard them talking about a new discovery. Some sort of new technology. "Wonderful. Some jackass just unearthed something that could very well annihilate the entire planet and they don't even have a clue what that thing is," I spoke out in sarcasm. The entire lab shifted their gaze towards me. I gave the newbies a cold piercing stare. Regardless, they continued their rambling. On and on and on. What I would do to seriously have my SK-4B Tesla Rifle ready and built right about then. The words I once said to my ex-guildmates years back replayed in the back of my mind: "Respect is not bought but earned." I then decided to leave them newbies be.

Eventually their shift was over and they left. Music to my ears. Many of my other colleagues would gladly agree with me. Research has been progressing a little better ever since the newbies left the lab. I decided to not work in late today and packed up the minute I saw the sunset. No less than half a mile after leaving HQ, they sky decided to let loose on me. It started to drizzle and soon it was pouring. The weather's been bonkers since last week. My theory would be that these are signs of the coming apocalypse.

Upon entering the sanctuary of my own room, I noticed my workstation giving off a strange beep following with a few light flashes. I turned on the screen. "1 INCOMING MESSAGE" was what's being displayed on the screen. It was my female colleague. Apparently, she was having trouble with some technical stuff. Much to me NOT being a technician, my advice can only help her get as far as my personal experience. As our conversation ended, I decided to hit the sack a little early. As of tomorrow, it will be 11 days to the Apocalypse.

No comments: