Monday, October 6, 2008

Old Memories of Gaia

It's been a good and long 2 years since I stopped forum role-playing and with that abandoned my then fantasy fiction (called Chronicles of Gaia) which was inspired by the roleplay itself. I was roleplaying as a female Myrkridian wizard named Flaire Reverie. And below was a poem I wrote which Flaire recited during the time where she was in the tavern with her friends:

My heart is sealed.
Enveloped in darkness.
Never searching for the light nor try.
I am a Heartless.
A Heartless, yes...

Shadows overwhelm me.
The brighter the light, the greater my shadow.
The shadow of darkness...
I am a sould in the dark.
My life have I left behind.

Cheerful memories, sad events.
They mean nothing to me now.
My freedom taken away by someone of royalty.
One chance to step into the light.
One chance to step out of darkness.

In a blink of an eye, in a split second; everything disappears.
Called to suffer in darkness once again.
My eyes always looking to the sky.
My ancestors, gone.
Never coming back.

I am a Myrkridian last of my kind.
Only someone as stupid knows no fear.
I walk ahead.
Slowly but surely I will.
These people, discriminated and thrown out.
Why is this so?

We are the same are we not?
We share this home do we not?
Why are we pushed aside just because we're different?
Why? Why? Why?

The castle standing high.
It will fall, it will crumble.
What have we done to deserve this?
Someone of royal blood, a dictator, a man of no virtue...

My mind now cloded by the darkness of revenge.
I can only blame one person.
The one who forced us to suffer.
His reign will not last, his life the same.
As his kingdom the same.

We will gain independance.
Enough of discrimination, enough of suffering.
This torture will end.
The people will be free.
No longer third-class citizens.
Then will I be introduced to the light.

I am in darkness and so are my people.
The one they call the King.
He blocks us from the light itself.
And I have blocked my heart from him.
Nothing is stronger than my will itself.

Thou shall fell the wrath.
By one of the last.
The survivor of the Myrkridian race...
I will fight till death becomes me.

- Original post: March 4th, 2006 @ 3:38pm

With that said, I'm more than happy to say that I'll be reviving the abandoned Gaia project that went on a 2 year hiatus. Not much will be revealed as there are still some old stuff to be sorted out and lots of revising to be done. I'll be posting more on Gaia soon.

No comments: