Friday, September 5, 2008

My New Logitech ChillStream!

A long awaited promise has been fulfilled! Two months ago, a friend promised either an art tablet, a Razer Tarantula or a Logitech Rumblepad 2 for my birthday. Days went by and I began to think that idiot took it for a joke. For he's a guy who's known for making tons of excuses. Day in, day out, 24/7 round the clock, he'll find something as an excuse. Without fail, guarenteed.

As usual, this afternoon was just as any Friday afternoon (minus the hectic project discussion) I would normally have. Back from campus, have a nice nap till dinner time. Just as I was about to turn off my monitor and hit the sack, there came a message on Steam.

"Eh Lex, you later free?"
"Apasal?"
"Wanna pass to you some stuff..."

At the word stuff, I was thinking that this guy was gonna pass to me a game he owed like a year ago. Apparently he said he'll be at my place in an hour with the stuff. So what the heck, I was thinking. Since it'll be 6 soon, I'd rather wait him out than take a nap that I'll never be able to enjoy. So there he was, walked into my room with a Software Boutique bag in his hand all wrapped up nice and clean.

"Oh? This fella bought original game? Babi... Banyak duit rupa nyer..."

That thought was running through my head as he placed the bag on my bed and stared at me clicking like an idiot to some ass-crap flash game. Finally, after awhile... He told me that he's gotten me a gamepad that he owed like a couple of months back. In he put his hand and out he took out a Logitech ChillStream?! Wow, present upgrade! He smirked like how he'd always did when he's somehow pleased of himself. Looks just like a perverted old man. Geez...

After popping the driver disc in and got everything installed, first up was Shin Sangokumusou 5! Somehow somewhere, the controller seemed to fuck the game nicely. the X-Axis on the Right Analog flew to the Left and Right Trigger buttons (which were originally used for maximizing the minimap and activating special) and the Y-Axis wasn't working. As a result, the minimap kept flashing non-stop, alternating between minimized and maximized version in like half a second throughout the whole level.

Thinking something was wrong I went and test it out with Gears of War instead. It worked beautifully. Just as how it felt when I was plying the game on the 360. So the controller's not the problem. It's just the dumb game. To prove this yet again, I tested the controller with Clive Barker's Jericho. It worked as how the control configuration said it would work.

Game problem: ChillStream 2 - Musou 0.

Then, nostalgia hit me dead on. ePSXe. Sound familiar? Yep, it's the emulator for Sony's PSX. Feeling a little bored, I extracted a couple of my PSP EBOOT of PSX games from my collection. My first configuration was a little screwed so the analog sticks didn't work. Kinda got it right after the second try. So yeah, kinda happy. Although I'm still bloody looking for my Ragnarok Battle Offline CDs though... Original game and all three scenario add-ons. Either I misplaced it (which is impossible as my CD folder is with me and should be in there if the game's with me) or it's with a certain someone who has a shitload of crap in his brain that's already fogged out his memory...

Oh yeah, before I go... Kinda forgot to say thanks to Mr. Mad for the ChillStream. Thanks, dude! Really appreciate it.

No comments: