Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Hyperruang! WTF?!

First things first: "Yes, I've been slightly lazy to update my blog. Okay... KINDA lazy."

So expect the end to be crammed up with a whole load of crap that was meant to be posted like days and weeks ago.

Now regarding this post's title. We people know of how lame the translation of subs are when we go to our local cinema to watch them movies. Yes, I know they censorship is a whole lot worse but that's not what this post is about now is it? I can still remember a few of the bad-ass title translations throughout the past few years:
  • 300 (300 Pahlawan Berani Mati) - Just what the f**k are they thinking? Can't they just stick with TIGA RATUS or better still leave it as it is? The numerals say it all for heaven's sake...
  • Iron Man (Orang Besi) - Translation wise, yes it's true but seriously... Cicakman is bad enough. So, what next? Inkheart @ Hati Berdakwat? Dragonball @ Bola Naga, Bebola Naga, Mutiara Naga? Oh, the horror!
    *By the way, Dragonball's Japanese promo poster is released. Go take a look and die laughing.*
  • Ghost Rider (Pennunggang Berhantu) - Haunted rider? Geez... At least ORANG BESI hit the target...
So... Just what is it with Hyperruang you ask? Well, I just went to the movies this morning for Star Wars: The Clone Wars. The subs was so-so I think as I couldn't be bothered to be reading it but somehow when Anakin said "Hyperspace", that freak of a word called HYPERRUANG which appeared in the subs caught my eye. Yes... Of all the lame ass words...

Months back during a screening of The Golden Compass, Dust was retained as Dust and not some lame piece of crap we all know as Habuk. Actually, I was kinda hoping for the lame translation to take place. So that I can have a good laugh of how idiotic our local translators are. It starts at the title. It always does... And from the looks of it, it always will be. Kudos to them people. Now if they could do something of the horrible censoring of non-relevant scenes then I'll die a happy person. But that's a different story now is it?
________________________________________________________

Talking about how lazy I was to post a few weeks back, here's a summary of what I wanted to post:
  • An article on Shin Sangokumusou 5 Special where Koei announced a weapon change for Zhang He and Taishi Ci. Zhang He's getting his claws back and Taishi Ci is getting his dual-stick-thingy back.
  • Speaking of Musou... The official english boxart for Warriors Orochi 2 was released weeks back. Kinda sucks though...
  • E3 and post-E3 stuff about the release of a few of my favourite games for the PSP: Loco Roco 2, Patapon 2. Also, 2 Square Enix titles originally for the mobile phone being ported over to the PSP: The 3rd Birthday (a Parasite Eve spin-off) and Final Fantasy Agito XIII.
  • An update on the current progress of Diablo III: As of the 7th of August, a majority of Act I has been completed in terms of art and design and Act II is underway. Four of the five classes are operational and at various levels of playability. Don't ask me what the other two classes are as I have no idea whatsoever.

As for pictures, screenshots and the lot, below is a list. Click at your own peril!
And finally a bonus from me: The 3rd Birthday PSP Wallpaper - Aya Brea
Enjoy!

No comments: